We often make fun of Sweden, but is our sitiuation any better?
Stockholm don`t even have areas with more than 15.000 per square kilometer, like a number of areas in Copenhagen.
Net Migration Rate 2017
List of countries and territories by population density (2012).
30. Netherlands 407.35 per square kilometer
35. Belgium 370 per square kilometer
51. UK 262 per square kilometer
58. Germany 228 per square kilometer
63. Italy 202 per square kilometer
65. Switzerland 201 per square kilometer
88. Denmark 131 per square kilometer
95. France 118 per square kilometer
107. Austria 102 per square kilometer
147. Ireland 65 per square kilometer
180. Faroe Islands (Denmark) 34 per square kilometer
182. USA 32.88 per square kilometer
196. Sweden 21.7 per square kilometer
199. Åland Islands (Finland) 18.4 per square kilometer
201. Finland 16.2 per square kilometer
205. New Zealand 17.27 per square kilometer
209. Norway 15.6 per square kilometer
230. Canada 3.64 per square kilometer
235. Iceland 3.24 per square kilometer
236. Australia 3.12 per square kilometer
243. Svalbard and Jan Mayen (Norway) 0.04 per square kilometer
244. Greenland (Denmark) 0.03 per square kilometer
Read more here
White flight or white exodus is the sudden or gradual large-scale migration of white people from areas becoming more racially or ethnoculturally diverse.
Even in “integrated schools”, the different races self-segregate. “If a school has only a few minority students they have no choice but to mix with the majority. “When you get larger minority populations, they reach a size where you can have a viable single-race community,” explained James Moody of Ohio State University, who studies school integration. “At that point, students find enough friends within their own race and don’t tend to make cross-racial friendships.”“
A 2006 study found that the greater the education of White parents, the more likely they will remove their children from public schools as the percentage of Black students increases. More-educated Whites also lived in more White neighborhoods than less-educated Whites.
“At one time, “magnet schools” were supposed to solve the problem of white flight. The plan was to make urban public schools so attractive they would lure back whites who had fled to the suburbs. This policy has been an almost uniform failure, and Kansas City, Missouri, is only the most striking failure. A federal judge took over the school district in 1985, and imposed taxes to pay for the most grandiose public schools in America. Over the next 12 years, the city spent nearly $2 billion. Kansas City got 15 new schools with such things as an Olympic-sized swimming pool with an underwater viewing room, television and animation studios, a model United Nations with simultaneous interpreting equipment, a robotics lab, a planetarium, a mock court room with jury deliberation rooms, and field trips to Mexico and Senegal. A former Soviet Olympic fencing coach was recruited for a high school team. There was a $900,000 television campaign to alert whites to the remarkable new improvements. If white students were not on a bus route, the city sent taxis. It didn’t work. By 1997, when Kansas City finally gave up, it had the most extravagant schools in the country, but the percentage of white students was lower than ever and blacks’ scores had not budged.“
More generally, contrary to popular belief, spending per pupil is actually higher for Black students than it is for White students.
Regarding the motivations for the school desegregation, which was an important cause of White flight, one early view was that the US Black-White measured IQ gap was caused by the segregated schools. Regarding this, see Race and intelligence: The genetics or not debate: Socioeconomic factors.
Regarding the expectation that the school desegregation and increased contact would improve race relations, see Contact hypothesis: Real-world applicability.