The Schloss Hotel Bühl was built in 1912 as an officer convalescent according to plans of the architect Wilhelm Kreis on the Kohl Mountain Rock at 770 meters height in the northern Black Forest. The height of the Bühl was never used for its original purpose, but served from 1920 to 2010 as a luxury class hotel aimed at visitors to the nearby Baden-Baden. To the village of Bühl, which lies in a exclave of the town of Bühl on the Black Forest High Road, next to the hotel is a former sanatorium, now Max Grundig Clinic, and the chapel Maria Frieden.
The side of the valley is the main view of the castle. The first and second floors are combined in colossal order by a stone structure of pilasters with a final floor cornice. Between the pilasters, plaster outlines determine the picture, the rectangular wooden sprossenfenster of the ground floor have framed arcades, the second floor has lower wooden sprossenfenster with framings, the third floor is shaped by a relief-like geometric plaster structure with oval windows. The tower occurs on the side of the valley Risalitartig in front of the façade, in its basement there are three doors, otherwise the outline of the wing is the same.
In contrast to the neo-Baroque castle architecture of the valley, the courtyard area, the circle according to motifs of the fortress and Castle Building, is designed. The courtyard of the main building is asymmetrically structured. The symmetry axis of the castle façade on the valley side does not continue here, but, for topographical reasons, bends to the right, i.e. in the southeast direction. This results in a two-part court on the side of the site. This court, which is framed by lower wings, consists of two near-square courtyards on different levels. In this way, each wing of the main building is assigned a courtyard. In front of the central round construction in the center of the two-main building, in the axis of the driveway a powerful classical main portal, which is typical of fortresses.