Schloss Neunhof is a former manor house on the southern edge of the village of Neunhof, which is now a district of Nuremberg.
The former castle with the surrounding Baroque Park (1964 and 1978/79 reconstructed) is preserved. It is still privately owned, but since 1959 it has been home to a branch of the Germanic National Museum (hunting collection). Accessible to the public are the ground floor with the kitchen, the first and second floor as well as the outbuildings of the horse stable.
The castle is closed from 2013 to 2017 due to renovation work.
The present plant is the former manor of the Nürnberger Patrician family Kreß (later kreß of Kressenstein), which was preceded by a 1246 first named Manor. In the first margrave war 1449, this was strongly affected. Following the construction of the Nuremberg Pond House, the building was re-built with massive basement floors and upper floors of a truss, as well as a moat. The truss is dated according to methods of dendrochronology in the year 1479, a gable carries the year “1508”.
With a symmetrically designed park, the aristocratic property was transformed into a hunting lodge in the 18th century. On the second floor is the small house chapel from the Baroque period preserved.