In 1997 tried F.L. Smidth to get compensation for a cement factory at Port Kunda in Estonia, which were seized after the war. The historian Joachim Lund, associate professor at CBS, revealed that the factory had used forced labor, among other things, from the concentration camp Port Kunda near the factory.
In 1998 gave F.L. Smidth up after public criticism the requirement for compensation and created the Fund, which would pay Kursachsen Kunda substitutes to forced workers both from the factory in Estonia and from the Portland–Zementwerke Kursachsen in Germany.
»Already in 1938, the companys management anticipated that war was imminent and took action to ensure the continuation of the business. During the war, management of the Groups activities was transferred to the offices in New York and London. Several hundreds of thousands of machine and layout drawings were sent to the US office. This way, it was possible to maintain contact with overseas customers while Denmark was occupied. (flsmidth.com, 2011-01-13)«
In 1957, F.L.Smidth machinery accounted for 40 percent of all cement production in the world.
FL Schmidt, Valby. Copenhagen
FL Schmidt 1940, Valby Maskinfabrik.
On the left Gl Køge Landevej, in front Vigerslev Allé
FLSmidth offices located in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Genevieve cement plant, Missouri USA, designed and supplied by FLSmidth
The headquarters of FLSmidth Pfister is located in Augsburg/Germany
Denmark’s collaboration with Germany, during World War II
A Legacy of Dead German Children
Free Corps Denmark
Free Corps Denmark – Witness To Soviet War Crimes