The Altenburger Town Hall is the town hall of the city of Altenburg in the east of Thuringia. It is the seat of the city administration and is considered one of the most important Renaissance halls in Germany.
The town hall is a three-storey rectangular building on a corner on the south side of the Altenburger Market Square. The facade is regularly divided by Windows and cornices. In addition, some windows are provided with Window gables. On the front side is an octagonal stair tower. It has a rectangular base and is crowned by a curly dome. In addition, two corner oriels are attached to the front side, as was also the Saxon halls of the time (e.g. in Leipzig and Torgau). At the core are relief representations of biblical scenes, Saxon dukes and Erotes. The three portals of the town hall are rundbogig and framed with columns.
The basement is located on the ground floor. It has cross-ridge vaults that rest on pillars with figurative capitals.
The town hall was built between 1561 and 1564. The plans for this came from Nikolaus Gardner and the execution of the building was conducted by Caspar Böschel. All the sculptors in and at the town hall come from the workshop Hermann Werners from Gotha and are partly oriented to Italian models. Already 1663 the town hall was first renovated, 1864 followed a second restoration. 1923/1924 a cultivation was added for the municipal Savings Bank, which is in stylistic harmony with the town hall.