The customs port’s total water area was around year 1900 approx. 570 Tønder land
[Danish tønde land: 5,516.2 square metres (1.3631 acres)]
The harbours include Nordre Toldbodplads (Northern Toll Booth), whose granite landing stairs (the “King’s Stairs”) are listed 1846-48, while the room’s regulation was build 1867-69. The two resident pavilions from 1905 are attributed to Osvald Rosendahl long Bale. In history, Nordre Toldbodplads is the place where foreign princely and heads of state have been received, if they have arrived by ship to Copenhagen. There was also here that Thorvaldsen was received on his return to Denmark 1838.
Søndre Toldbodplads (Southern Toll Booth), in which until 1782 cut a land reclamation channel (“The Red Sea”), 1869 was significantly expanded when acquiring an area facing Amalie Gade (“Lille Kjøbenhavn”), where there was part after the fire 1795 constructed single-storey houses for poor people. The total bulwark length in the customs port was at the beginning of 1905 approximately 68,000 feet, of which about 37,000 belonged to the Copenhagen Harbour Department, approximately 4,700 Copenhagen municipality, approximately 1,500 the state and approximately 24,000 private, including approximately 17,000 by public water and 7,000 by private water pools.