Nakskov Shipyard was a shipyard located in Nakskov on the westernmost island of Lolland. The shipyard was founded in 1916 by The East Asian Company, whose founder H.N. Andersen was born in Nakskov. It worked up to 1987.
The well-known ship Jutlandia was built on the yard in 1934, and it was later, in 1951, made about the same place on which it served as a hospital ship in the Korean War.
In addition to ships, the yard built as something special in 1927 two 105 metre high legged steel masts for Kalundborg radio station. The masts were used for analogue radio broadcasts on the Eelam band until 2007, and have since been rebuilt for digital broadcasts in DRM.
During the period 1965-1987, DSB (Danish State Railways) had many of its ferries built on Nakskov shipyard. The shipyard employed at its 50 anniversary in 1966 2,200 employees, and it was thus in the 1960s and until the early 1970s the largest workplace in Lolland-Falster.
As mentioned above, the yard built not only ships. During the period from 1967-1968 it built spans to the new Little Belt Bridge, and in connection with the construction of the Farø bridges, this deck was manufactured in modules at Nakskov Shipyard, and Denmark has announced that it will let deck to the next new Storstrøms bridge built in Nakskov and it is expected that it will be on the land where the yard was previously located.
Nakskov shipyard was abandoned as a production yard in January 1987. It was planned that the yard should continue as a rental yard, but the plan had to be abandon.
Today the shipyard has been partly demolished and some of the buildings have been used by Vestas for wind turbine production.