Danyard A/S, (by Dan (Mark) and Eng. (ship) Yard ‘ shipyard ‘), Danish shipyard group headquartered in Frederikshavn. Originally, Danyard was a common name for the Lauritzen group’s shipyards in Frederikshavn, Elsinore and Ålborg. The shipyard in Frederikshavn was founded in 1870 as H.V. Buhls Træskibs (wood ship) shipyard and was in 1913 renamed Frederikshavn Shipyard & Dock A/S. This was since expanded and developed into a technologically advanced and modern shipbuilding and repair yard, from 1987 under the name Danyard A/S. Here, among other things, reefer vessels and chemical tankers in series, bulkcarriers, small container ships and military patrol vessels and inspection vessels. The shipyard in Frederikshavn was closed in 1999 due to heavy losses on newbuildings. The company’s other activities were transferred to Danyard Holding, which in Aalborg built special vessels of carbon fibre materials for the Danish Navy and hulls for yachts.
Frederikshavn (above and below)
Helsingør (english: Elsinore) Shipyard (below)