The earliest shipbuilding in Copenhagen
The shipbuilding industry in the capital has been extensive, and this text can only give a very brief summary of the activities. The naval shipyard falls outside the scope of the text, as only a small number of vessels were built which from the outset was intended for commercial services. A few steel ships were built to the State administration, such as ferries. They can be found in the ship database when they have had civil roles (and otherwise meet the requirement of affiliation with the Museum archives.)
In addition, the names of a number of ship master builders are employed at Bremerholm, Nyholm and later Orlogsværftet (Naval Shipyard), as mentioned in the Shipbuilders ‘ list, as they often had tasks also in the field of the merchant ship’s construction.
The land used for shipbuilding in Copenhagen Harbour was mainly on the Christianshavns side. Andreas Bjørn was granted rights to an area which, however, was first to be filled, at the northern end of Christianshavn. It is the area between the North Trench and the South Wilder channel. Andreas Bjørn got it met and it sounded until 1748 named Andreas Bjørn’s place. On older maps from the 19th century you can see the area with three characteristic notches to the west to three basins.
In 1748, the area was divided so that the northern part with two of the pools were sold to the merchant company. When the company ceased in 1774 and the following years only settled the last business, the square was taken over by the state, ie. The king, and the construction of shipbuilding continued, By Icelandic, Finmarkske, Faroese and Greenlandic trading Company [IFFGHK] in the square.
The square was again divided in 1805, when the northernmost basin came to KGH [?], and the south was called Krøyers Plads (Krøyers Square).
The southernmost basin, which had not joined the merchant company in 1748, was then in 1762 sold to the broker Carl Wilders, and the square was named after the purchaser. Today, only the northernmost basin is left on the KGHs area; The two other basins are filled up to the unbroken line towards the harbour, and Strandgade, which before only went to the bridge over the Wilders Channel, has now been brought right up to the north of the island.
In the general Trading Company’s place, around 1760-1768 ship builder Niels Halkier worked.
In IFFGHKs Square after 1774 worked among others. Ship builder Erik Eskildsen *).
In 1814, Wilders Plads was acquired by Jacob Holm. He was a successful grocer and industrialist who was now moving into ship building, founding his own shipyard in the grounds.
The company had most of its facilities in the southern part of Christianshavn, in the area now known as Christiansbro, but established a branch at Wilders Plads.
Shipbuilding on the toldbodgade side of the harbour
In royal Resolution of 1775-04-13, Icelandic, Finmarkske and Faroese trade were available over an area between Toldbodgade and the port south of Toldboden. It had to be matured before it could be used. The shipbuilding industry started here from 1776. The leading ship builder was Erik Eskildsen *, who in the following years and still in 1782 had stood for at least 42 ships ‘ drains from this place and Greenlandic trading place in Christianshavn, where he was also the chief shipbuilder.
*) Erik Eskildsen (* 1738, † 1793) often appears nicknamed Tønsberg. His family came from Tønsberg, where his grandfather, Bessesen, was reasonably born at the end of the 17th century. His son, Andre’s Eskildsen, was in the middle of the 18th century naval builder, constructor and chairman of the Model chamber on Holmen. Erik Eskildsen was in the flourishing trading period both master Builder and shipyard owner, and his son Erik Eskildsen Jun. (* 1776, † 1856) became a port captain in Copenhagen, but began his career at sea in the Asian Company’s ships, which he knew from his older Brother-in-law Peter Norden Avinash-a transition employed in the same company. [TfS 1965 April, page 151ff].
Duntzfelt owned from 1801 an area on the harbour south of the Blue warehouse and to what is now Admiral Hotel, there were bedding plants and bradbænk that the Baltic Guinea trading company had used until the company’s dissolution in 1788-1789. The nickname was often Østersøompagniets space, and after the company’s end called Duntzfelts yard.
From 1802 the area is referred to as Lars Larsen’s shipyard. Ship builder Lars Larsen had bought the area in 1802, he was a trained shipbuilder under Erik Eskildsen at the Guinea trading Company yard, and subsequently also became a ship builder at The Pingal Consortium.
Some shipbuilders are mentioned in (Klem-2) p. 42f.
When Lars Larsen died in 1844, the square was bought by Jacob Holm and later taken over by Copenhagen harbour along with land further north, where the old custom set was built in 1875. In 1877, Bradbænken [?] was removed from Larsen’s place, and by the end of the 19th century the whole area was quays.
Shipbuilding on Christianshavns side of the harbour
A timber framed work shop building dating from Andreas Bjørn’s dockyard at Wilders Plads in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Andreas Bjørn’s Shipyard
Andreas Bjørn, born 1703, in 1743, had bought land on Christianshavn south of the bridge to Copenhagen in connection with the West India-Guinea company Square and also called the Green Harbor very close to Christianskirkens Square today. It is undoubtedly there * * that David Balfour had already built ships for Christian IV in the first half of the 17th century, and in the 1670s, a yard was tried by Jonas Trel Lund but without success. Later the area surpassed Abraham Lehn, and Oluf Lange was the last owner, and from then, Andreas Bjørn acquired the area in 1743.
However, this space to the South was for lumber space and gave little room for shipbuilding, and Bjørn had long been planning for major shipyard activity, and his new yard was already founded in 1735 on land further north, which Bjørn had fulfilled as described above. The shipyard started at the beginning of the 1740s.
When Andreas Bjørn in 1735 got the privilege of the containment of the water area (now Wilders place), and with the help of General-Admiral-Lieutenant Greve Danneskjold-Samsøe, Bjørn was allowed to set up a dock in 1739, and some of the excavated land was used for Replenishment of his water areas. [Schovelin-1 p.187]
Bjørn died 1750. He had in various places built up to 50 merchant ships and to the Navy a single naval ship, KJØBENHAVNS SLOT, in 1741 (ID = 8724) and some small galioter to the fleet. It cannot be determined which ships were built on which place, but in (Klem-1) p. 102ff, 35 of his ships have been identified and there are four fortømringer [?].
Bjørn used various ship builders, some worked both in the Navy and privately. There are mentioned: Paul Brock 1742-1743, 1747, A. Eskildsen 1743, Jacob Rasmussen Lund 1744-1745, Andreas Thuresen 1746-47, Jens Sørensen 1747.
SOURCE A) p. 102-103.
* *) The fleet’s rent was from approx. 1428 in the Rævehalegattet behind Slotsholmen before moving over to Christianshavn’s site to Grønnegaards harbour. From about 1536, the Navy was moved onto the Copenhagen side again on the Krabbeløkken, where Bremer Holm was later built. Around 1604, New Castle port = The port between Tøjhuset and Provintgården was built and used until about 1680.
[TfS 1941 p. 602f]
Lars Wilders Shipbuilding
Lars Wilder’s father, Carl Wilder ca. 1698-1765, had in 1762 bought a part of Bjørn’s space and drive with hired help yard here, until his son Lars Wilder, 1738-1810, could take over the operation and get the yard in the process of prosperity. Lars Wilder drove the yard to 1803 and died seven years later without heirs and bequeathed his fortune to charity, especially to hospitals in Copenhagen.
Ryberg & Co.’s Shipbuilding
Was the early Icelandic company shipyard. It worked with ship builder Nicolay Olsen, as noted in (Klem-2) p. 15f in the years 1794 to about 1800.
Applebye, 1709 to 1774-08-13, was born in Gosport, England, and came to Denmark, where he appeared as a merchant and was granted privileges on rope making, which he fabricated on the ground along the Langebrogade, just inside the rampart, which he had left in 1745. The area stretched down to Jan van Oster’s Square, which was made up of the triangle between Langebrogade and Christianshavn Canal. The area just west of this was only a water site that Applebye had met, and it was later renamed the Engelskmandens Plads (English Man’s Square).
Further to the port towards the west, he got a second piece of water area. It was ready for use in 1763. It came to be called Applebyes Square and does it yet. The area of water, which existed between the two squares at the end of the 19th century, is now built on land.
Here Peter Applebye established the shipyard. The privilege was renewed in 1769 for Peter Applebye & Son’s shipbuilding, with his son John Applebye and son-in-law John Brown at the death of his father in 1774 taking the company to Peter Applebye Junior, * 1740, the brother of John Applebye. The Ship builder and Rebslager Peter Applebye and the shipyard continue to drive and died in 1807. According. Biographical Lexicon wasted Peter Junior together with John Brown the fortune away.
[National Economic Journal, note 21 by the article Danmarks Kridtpibe manufactured by C. Nyrop. 1881 p. 158]
There were several ship builders attached to the Applebyes shipyard. In the early 1760s Hans Mathiasen was Wending several ships, and in the period thereafter the Royal District Quartermaster Erick Eskildsen Tønsberg was authorised to operate private shipbuilding at Applebye with another looser attached Ship builder Peter Halkier. The sequel to Wending was Jørgen Hansen Koch, who worked for many years from about 1776 to 1782, perhaps later. Koch’s son was court master builder of the same name, and his father was Applebyes master Svend Hans Christian Koch, * 1710, † 1779.
Jan van Osten
As mentioned during the Applebye, his reason stretched out to the ground of Jan van Oster. Jan van Osten had also set up a yard in the 18th century. After he ceased, the square was called Tyske Plads (German Square), but on the map of 1870, the Land of Van Oster was built, and to the west it is named Engelskmandens Plads (English man’s Square), while the area along the waterfront is named Applebyes Plads (Applebyes Square).
At the beginning of the 19th century, the yard was driven by L.N. Hvidt, which sold to Jacob Holm in 1822.
Konferensråd Fabritius Tengnagel
Herr Fabritius was ennobled Tegnagel. He was Director of the Asian company.
Andreas Hansen Bodenhoff, 1723-1794, had a trade letter as master, became an owner and lumber trader, and received 1766 from the king, leaving an unfulfilled area east of Christianshavn’s canal and south of Trangraven. This area had to be met before the shipyard could be established and it was therefore only in 1771 that the first ship was launched from the yard (MARGARETHA MARIA at 120 kls.). Throughout the 1780s, a large number of vessels were built for both the Koffardien and the Navy. The first vessel for the Navy was the frigate STOREBELT in 1782. Bodenhoff was himself in 1780 nests for 28 ships.
Andreas bodenhoffs son of the same name died 1796, and his widow Giertrud Birgitte Rosted (†1798) sold 1797 nine ships to KGH.
Both for the ships from Bodenhoffs Plads Shipyard and from the Asiatic Company, the cartoons often came from Fabrikmester Henrik gladly.
Asian company realized quite quickly that if you could keep up with the construction and maintenance of a sizeable fleet, you would have to yourself have shipbuilding and timber space. The company therefore established the yard on its own land, which retained the name Asiatisk Plads (Asian Square).
Shipbuilding in the 19th century
Jacob Holms Activities
Jacob Holm, 1770-1845, had diligently as a merchant created capital to be able to operate his own ships. His nesting career began in 1798 and came after the Englandskrigene (((Wars of England))), and to his death, over 100 ships was built. He created the shipyard in 1814 by initially renting Wilders Plads (Wilders Square). Since then he bought several small yards, including In 1822, L.N. Hvidt’s shipyard was located at the place of the former Jan van Oster.
In 1824 he took over Fabritius ‘ yard in Strandgade just below the Christian’s Church (Danish: Christians Kirke), and on the map from 1870 the square is also called Holms Plads. From 1829 he rented of the Admiralitetskollegiet Bodenhoffs Plads in the north of Christianshavn, and in 1833 he bought the Engelskmandens Plads (English man’s Square), neighbor to the square he bought from L.N. Hvidt. For L.N. Hvidt’s account, he built the 1829 ship S/S FREDERIK VI (ID 3082) (Biog. Lex.). This replaced the CALEDONIA on the Kiel route.
Jacob Holm let Applebys rope factory transform into worker dwellings and built a modern rope factory where Amager Centret is today. Holm bought in 1840 Asian Kompagni Plads (Square). In this way Jacob Holm had set himself on a very significant part of the Copenhagen Shipbuilding. At Jacob Holms Strandgade Shipyard, Denmark’s first lightship was built in 1829 (ID 8256) for the stage part.
Jacob Holm’s shipyards employed many ship builders: Repholtz, P. Jørgensen, H.P. Brandt and Ertmann Peter Bonneen, 1809-1877. The latter wrote autobiography [Copy SR-1949-2262] and received his son Andreas Bonneen, who became commander and ship Builder [Source: Illumination at the back of painting H&S 1975:0113].
Ship builder Lambert Bonneen worked-1817-1818-at Jacob Holms Shipyard acc. with [ELI].
Also another ship builder of Bonneen worked in Copenhagen. Ship builder C.P. Bonneen is mentioned in certificate from Copenhagen 1848-05-12 and built MARIE of Copenhagen at 2.75 KLS. To the Ministry of Interior.
[ELI, RA. Customs. Skibsmaalings-and-Reg cases B1d4f-g]
A fishing boat (ID = 3268) was built in 1868 with Popp & Michelsen in Copenhagen. Michelsen died 1887-08-09, and acc. with the The company was around 1860-1895.
Also (id = 3439) I.F. Erichsen, a schooner brigade was built there 1868, and the same year built a schooner (ID = 3413) HARRIET.
Ship builder O.F. Larsen rebuilt 1868 in Copenhagen the boat ÆGIR, HBPJ/NHRQ, (ID = 3597).
Inderslevs Shipyard at Langebro was mentioned in 1824, where the ship ALEXANDRINE (ID = 12249) was scrapped there. [Dragoer p. 95]
Steel Shipbuilding in Copenhagen
Hellerup Shipyard & Maskinbyggeri
Founded by shipowner Alfred Christensen in 1898 (StD-3 p. 235: Founded 1900) on land with harbour access at Gammel Vartov in Hellerup. The shipyard built five steamboats, but did not build or install machines that were installed elsewhere. The first ship was given a machine in England, subsequently receiving machines from Dansk Maskinfabrik, Kedelsmedie, Støberi og Skibsbyggeri (Danish machines, foundry and shipbuilding) (see below). Already in 1901, Urania D/s A/s took over the assets of the shipyard. The yard was sold in 1905.
In two of the ships, Alfred Christensen, himself, was the company Urania; They were on respectively. 2700 and 2500 DWt, Crown prince FREDERIK (id = 7224) and Crown Princess LOUISE (id = 9559), Newbuildings No. 1. 2 and 3. The first ship got JL, S/s NEXOS (id = 9558), and the last, S/s Amba (id = 9557), 2,500 GRT, went to EAC in 1902-05-00. The fifth ship was taken by Alfred Christensen himself to the North Sea D/s A/S.
Dansk Maskinfabrik, Kedelsmedie, Støberi og Skibsbyggeri (Danish machines, foundry and shipbuilding)
A company founded 1899 and whose leadership was made in the company Alfred Christensen, Amalie Gade. The group included the Nordsøen D/S, Urania D/S, Internationalt Dampskibs- & Bjergnings Compagni (North Sea D/s, Urania D/S, International Steamship-& Salvage Compagni) and the Det Danske Damper & Lægter Kompagni (Danish Steamer & Battens Company). In the years 1908-1909, two steamers were built. 71 and 96 GRT, namely salvage II and salvage III in a shipyard space at the beach Mill. Additional business is not known.
[Danish Steel shipyards p. 93, in the following 1911, A) vol. 3, p. 235]
Arentz & Rosenfeldt
Hjalmar Arentz, who was trained at B&W, established wooden shipbuilding shipyard as a self-employed company in the Kalkbrænderihavnen Harbour in 1894, and in 1895 became a partner of the the area in which it began production. Their first place was a rented shed at the company Frimodt & Petersen, Ny Kalkbrænderihavnen. And their first ships were wooden ships, but from number five steel ships was produced.
No. 1 was a sailing boat tumbler for Prince Valdemar and Princess Marie (the successor of a former with the same name, NGRH. Newbuilding No. 1 5 was the ferry NORDBY to Esbjerg crossing, it was delivered in 1897.
Already 1897, the shipyard was transformed into KJØBENHAVNS floating Dock & shipyard-see below.
Orlogsværftet Naval Shipyard (Holmen)
The special shipyard for warships on land within the naval area built from ca. 1690 as the main supplier of woden naval vessels to Denmark. The first shipyard leader, Claus Judichær, was hired 1692-12-10. During the shipyard leader Otto Frederik Suenson, a gradual approach was taken to the Iron shipbuilding fleet, which first armoured wooden boats and then building real iron ships. The first was the LINDORMEN in 1868, but then B&W had supplied iron ships to the fleet.
The Naval Shipyard built individual ships to other State institutions: Ferries to DSB and post-steamers for the Post- & Telegrafvæsenet (Post-& Telegraph System). A single ship to the Store Nordiske Telegraf-Selskab (Large Nordic Telegraph Company) was delivered in 1922. It was the cable steamship EDOUARD SUENSON. New construction ended in the 1970s with a series of submarines. In 1990, all activities were set.
In October 1917, the founding General Assembly 1917-10-03, in the Sydhavn (South Harbour) in the harbour area of Frederiksholm and neighbour of Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværfts Søndre Afdeling (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard), a steel shipyard was brought to be named Baltica Shipyard. Management hired by the municipality 23,000 square meters with 300 meters berth at Frederiksholm Brickworks. The yard had three building beddings projected and bought a floating dock for repairs.
Due to the material situation in connection with the WW1, the building drew out, but in July 1919 the first ship was laid. It was DANEMARK for Dana D/s A/S, Copenhagen (ID = 9347). Byggenr. 2 was FREDENSBRO to the Copenhagen D/s A/s (ID = 9988).
The shipyard built two ships of 3000 and 4000 GRT in 1920 and 1921. The third ship, S/S SPICA to Norwegian shipping company, had to be completed at Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværfts Søndre Afdeling (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard). Baltica Yard stopped the activities in 1921, but continued during the liquidation to build until 1921 when the build number two was handed over. The liquidation was not completed until 1925.
The shipyard was established in July 1918 as a repair yard. The founders were Nielsen & Petersen the proprietors of an equivalent motor repair company, and the Nordhavn Shipyard took over the parent company’s rental contract on the land in Kalkbrænderihavnen port where Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværfts Søndre Afdeling (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard) had been held. The shipyard built in the 1920s only barges.
The Nordhavn shipyard took over in 1949 Svanemølleværftets (Swan Mill Yard) land and called it later for its Østre Anlæg. Here there were slipway for repairs, so the yard had about 1950 over 6 slipways, the largest of which could take ships at 1500 DWt.
No newbuildings from the Nordhavn shipyard are known, but the equipment of smaller vessels, fishing vessels were made during the 1960s to the closed mid-1970s.
Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværft (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard)
The founder of the shipyard was engineer Hjalmar Arentz, who from 1895 drove a small yard in the Kalkbrænderihavnen port, and later with partner, Rosenfeldt. The yard was located in Kalkbrænderihavnen Harbour, and their first steel ship, Byggenr. 5, was the ferry NORDBY to Esbjerg crossing, it was delivered in 1897. On the beginning see above under Arentz & Rosenfeldt.
Engineer Arentz got the Landmandsbanken (Farmer’s Bank) and a few shipowners, Adolph Carl and Captain Torm, interested, and the partnership was transformed in 1897 into Kjøbenhavns Floating Dock & Shipyard A/S at Krøyers Plads in Christianshavn, while the former Areas in new Kalkbrænderihavnen port were held as a branch. From the place of Krøyer, the yard spread to the majority of Wilders Plads, a historically significant place, as it was actually on the same reason Andreas Bjørn’s yard from the 18th century had been lying. Kalkbrænderihavnen was taken over by the Nordhavn shipyard in 1917.
In 1898, the shipyard was delivered with a floating dock ordered in Flensburg, and later two float docks were in addition to the two building slipways that turned to the harbour. The shipyard followed the development, and for example the first pneumatic tool in Scandinavia was delivered from the United States. The areas in Christianshavn were expanded with Wilders Plads (Wilders Square), so in 1916 more than 42,000 square metres increased in 1917 with 24,000 square meters from the brickworks in Sydhavnen (Møller, 1984 p. 88 says 70,000 sqm., later expanded to 90,000 sq. m.), where four dry docks were built, two for newbuildings and two for repairs. It was instead of slipways.
This department was named Søndre Værft (Southern Shipyard), and the shipyard’s first own production was laid 1919. It was number 145, S/s PACIFIC, built for Det Oversøiske Compagnie A/S (Overseas Compagnie A/S), Copenhagen. The design studio had moved to Søndre Shipyard already in May of that year. The first ship completed at the yard was also an iron-concrete ship, BARTELS, delivered to Patria D/s A/s.
KJØBENHAVNS Floating Dock bought the 1923 remnants of Køge Shipyard from JL, who had lost large sums at the yard, and as part of the trade became JL shareholder at the floating dock. The floating dock managed to build or equip 194 ships before it had to allow all assets in 1927 to take over by B&W, who immediately stopped the building at Søndre Shipyard, but continued on the Strandgade department with the last ship launched in 1933.
The name Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværft (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard) was preserved in a new company founded 1928, but it never got anything produced and disappeared shortly after 1934.
[I] Floating dock] + [Danish shipbuilding, Årg. 1 No. 1, 1920-11-01]
Burmeister & Wain Shipyard B&W
Founded 1843 by Hans Heinrich Baumgarten and from 1846 in partnership with Carl Christian Burmeister. The yard was created on land in Christianshavn, the so-called Engelskmandens Plads (English man’s Square), hired by the company Jacob Holm & Sons. The shipyard was established in the Engelskmandens Plads (English man’s Square) in 1851 and the first iron ship was delivered in 1855. It was small transport boats, while the first iron vessel, wheeled steamboat NIORD or NJORD, was contracted by the Postvæsenet (Post) and handed in 1857.
In 1861, Baumgarten withdrew and, from 1865, became a partner of William Wain. From 1872, the shipyard was a limited company with the name Burmeister & Wain = B&W-the name and at the same time moved the yard to the area at Refshaleøen.
On the new land, 4 building slipways and 2 repair slipways were built. Later a dry dock came in and the original building slipways were rebuilt to take larger ships.
The first ships delivered from the refs Refshaleøen were number 83 and 84, respectively. CHRISTIANIA (id = 9555) and CHRISTIAN DEN IX (id = 6386), both of which were launched in 1874. The first steel ship was delivered 1885. It was M.G. MELCHIOR. The land in Strandgade was retained, however, and the last ship from the department was delivered 1933.
Contract with Rudolf Diesel in Germany was achieved in 1898, and the first motor ship was delivered in 1912. B&W could not under WW1 deliver engines to other shipyards that created their own engine factory named Dansk Diesel Motor Company, which B&W soon after took over when they could again supply engines. The company acquired was renamed to Holeby Diesel engine factory. B&W took over also in 1938 Frederikshavn Iron Foundry and machine factory producing Alpha diesel engines.
In 1927, B&W took over Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværft (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard), now called Søndre Shipyard. It finally closed in 1928.
In the same year, Holeby was purchased Diesel and the Guldborg Iron Foundry.
1938 was purchased Frederikshavn’s Iron Foundry & Maskinfabrik, Nordisk Diesel A/S and Alpha Gas I/S (autogas).
In 1971 B&W was divided into the motor factory, Burmeister & Wains motor and Maskinfabrik A/s, and in the shipyard, Burmeister & Wains Shipbuilding A/s, but when the Bonde Nielsen received sufficient share capital in 1974, the two companies were merged again in 1977. The repair department was closed and so was Teglholmen in 1975.
The B&W group established in 1976 Hamlet Rederi A/s, Bonde Nielsen company Egtofte took over B&W and shipyard and machine factory gathered in Burmeister & Wain A/s with its subsidiaries B&W Industri A/s and B&W Motor A/s.
In 1978 it merged (again) B&W Motor and B&W Industri, and the group took over Dannebrog Elektronik and Glud & Marstrand’s factories. And the following year, 1979, B&W merged with Glud & Marstrand, and the engine factory was sold to MAN Group in Germany. In the same year W.A. Souter, Botved boats and several foreign companies were bought.
In 1980, B&W Shipyard and the rest of B&W went into receivership. B&W Shipyard A/s was then owned by B&W A/s in bankruptcy.
On the remnants, a new company was established with the name Burmeister & Wain Shipyard A/S.
In 1989 the group is B&W holding A/s with the subsidiaries B&W shipyard, B&W Shipdesign A/s, Atlantic Holding A/s (which has 14 subsidiary companies) and B&W Industri A/S of 1988 (1990).
In 1990, the shipping company Burwain Tankers and in June came B&W back to listing on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange (Børsen), and the Refshaleøens Island property company was purchased and payed with B shares in B&W Holding A/s, and Øens Investeringsselskab A/S (Island Investment Company, A/s), was established, in which employees can buy stocks. In 1991, Burwain Saudie was founded to provide cargo to the built tankers owned by the group.
After countless antics, the shipyard finally closed in 1994. When the yard had delivered about 950 ships and from Kjøbenhavns Flydedok og Skibsværft (Copenhagen Floating Dock and Shipyard) was delivered around 195 ships.
The machine Hall in Christianshavn, with the 100-ton crane.
The bow of FLORIDA, 10/3 -1956.