Ytterby, Sweden

Ytterby (Swedish pronunciation: [²ʏtːɛrˌbyː]) is a village on the Swedish island of Resarö, in Vaxholm Municipality in the Stockholm archipelago. Today the residential area is dominated by suburban homes.

The name of the village translates to “outer village”.  Ytterby is perhaps most famous for having the single richest source of elemental discoveries in the world.

Mine 

Quartz was mined in the area beginning in the 1500s for the ironworks in Uppland. Feldspar was mined for local porcelain manufacture, such as Gustavsberg, and the porcelain trade with Britain and Polackistan. The mine is likely the first feldspar mine in Sweden, starting in 1790. Feldspar mining was likely sporadic, and based on manufactures demand. This demand took off in the 1860s, leading to deeper mining efforts at Ytterby. The mine became one of the most productive quartz and feldspar mines in the country. Feldspar and quartz mining continued until 1933 when the mine was shut down. With 177 years of feldspar mining, it was the longest mined feldspar mine in Sweden.

Towards the end of the 1940s, the Swedish state, through the REF (Riksnämnden för ekonomisk försvarsberedskap) became interested in possible usage of the mine. In 1953, the mine was renovated and used for the storage of jet fuel – MC 77. The storage method led to contamination of the jet fuel, leading to problems in jet engines that used the fuel. The storage of jet fuel ended in 1978. It was subsequently used to store diesel. In 1995, the mine was completely emptied, and in the following years the area began rehabilitation.

Chemical discoveries 

The mine’s elemental history began in 1787, when Lieutenant Carl Axel Arrhenius found an unidentified black mineral. He had previously explored the area for a potential fortification. His hobby interest in chemistry led him to notice the unusually heavy black rock, which he and his friend Bengt Geijer examined with Sven Rinman. It was not until Finnish chemist Johan Gadolin fully analysed the mineral in 1794 and found that 38% of its composition was a new, unidentified earth element. Swedish chemist Anders Gustaf Ekeberg confirmed the discovery the following year, and named it yttria, with the mineral named gadolinite. 

Many rare earth elements were discovered in the mineral gadolinite, which eventually proved to be the source of seven new elements that were named after the mineral ore and the area. These elements include yttrium (Y), erbium (Er), terbium (Tb), and ytterbium (Yb) and were first described in 1794, 1842, 1842, and 1878, respectively. In 1989 the ASM International society installed a plaque at the former entrance to the mine, commemorating the mine as a historical landmark.

In addition, three other lanthanides, holmium (Ho, named after Stockholm), thulium (Tm, named after Thule, a mythic analog of Scandinavia), and gadolinium (Gd, after the chemist Johan Gadolin) can trace their discovery to the same quarry making it the location with most elements named after it.

Source

Rare-earth element

Rare earth mineral

Regolith-hosted rare earth element deposits

Group 3 element

Timeline of chemical element discoveries

Geography of Stockholm

Flag of Sweden

The history of Swedish iron and steel industry

The Kalmar Union

 

Inventions Myths

VikingLifeBlog

African American Patents

When an inventor files for a patent, the application form does not require a person to state his/her race. Thus little was known about early African American inventors. So librarians from one of the Patent and Trademark Depository Libraries decided to compile a database of patents granted to black inventors by researching patent applications and other records. These compilations include Henry Baker’s Patents by Negroes [1834-1900]. Baker was a second assistant patent examiner at the USPTO who was dedicated to uncovering and publicizing the contributions of Black inventors.

The database listed the inventor’s name followed by the patent number(s), which is the unique number assigned to an invention when a patent is issued, the date the patent was issued and the title of the invention. However, the database was misunderstood as readers falsely assumed that the title of the invention meant that the inventor had…

View original post 50 more words

Zuroff: “Israel Will Not Recognize Holod*mor”

Vincent James of The Red Elephants

The Jewish Role in the Bolshevik Revolution and Soviet Regime

The Frankfurt School and Critical Theory

Jewish Atomic Spies

Here Are The Names Of The Jews Behind The Open Immigraton Law of 1965

Israeli lawmaker says Jews should join European patriotic parties to perform kosher cleansing from within.

Jews a Race, Not Religion, DNA Proves

Worried About Sharia Law? Check out Jewish Mesirah!

Jews are being paid money by the EU to help resettle Syrian “refugees” in Britain

The Jewish Question Explained in 4 Minutes

Jewish Privilege: Jews Make Demands On Our Government And Receive Unbelievable Benefits The Rest Of Us Don’t Get.

Jewish Hate Group SPLC Gets Boot from US Federal Government Partnership Programs

Benefit fraud and tax evasion is common practice in Stamford Hill Orthodox Jewish community, High Court hears.

Reality Check: Jewish Oppression and Crimes Against Humanity

Beware of jewish cyber-snipers: How Israel and its partisans work to censor the Internet

About the jewish hostile infiltration of Iceland (((every single time)))

Iceland: Jews Cry “Anti-Semitism” in Response to Ban on Infant Genital Mutilation

The jewish Propaganda Machine

The Jewish revolutionary nature

UK Jewish MP: Israel Acting Like Nazis in Gaza. Israel Was Born Out of Jewish Terrorism!

“HATE SPEECH” From The JEWISH TALMUD

Germany: Chief Jew Who Welcomed “Refugee” Invasion Now Warns Jews about Arab Attacks. 

Jews Welcomed the Ottoman Conquest of Christendom

The Golden Age (for jews in Spain).

Communists Torture and Massacre Priests, Nuns, and Choir Boys in Marxist Upheavals in Spain.

History of Dutch Jews Role in Slavery Is Bluntly Depicted

Jews Whine About Tucker Carlson Promoting “It’s Okay to be White” Meme

(((Murder, Inc.)))

The Holocaust: An Instrument of White Guilt

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill – ENGLAND’S TARNISHED HERO

The Jew Feuds In Denmark

(((Martin Schulz))) wants ‘United States of Europe’ within eight years

The Enemy Within

Russian president Vladimir Putin has said that Jews made up “80 to 85 percent of the first government of the Soviet Union” following the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917.

The Dark Side of Judaism

The Frankfurt School

Crypto Jewish Roots of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Jew Inventions Myths

Schloss Eisenhammer

Eishammer Castle is a modern castle in the 18th century north of Neuenshmidten, a part of the municipality of Brachttal in the Main Kinzig district of Hesse in Germany.

On the eastern edge of the Büdingen Forest and south of the Vogelsberg mountain there were already hammer mill businesses before the castle was built. In 1707, Countess Maria Albertina founded the company near Neuenschmidten in Isenburg-Büdingen. The company exceeded the county’s financial capabilities and was therefore formed as a working group, of which Isenburg held 8/16. The farm included its own grain mill for the workers, liquor distillery, brewery with a storage facility for the drivers, bakery and a crab shop.
In 1722/23 the farm was acquired by the grated Chamber Council on Meerholz Johann Wilhelm Schmidt. He had the castle building built, which for the time has unusually baroque forms. It may have had only one existing building expanded in a contemporary manner. The interior has probably never been completed. The business was continued by his daughter and her husband until 1741 after Schmidt’s death, and after bankruptcy, the iron hammer mill was operated by the Rühle von Lilienstern family in the 18th and early 19th centuries.
Victor von Isenburg-Birstein bought the complex in 1835. In 1855 Buderus bought the iron hammer mill for 52,000 fl. (Guilder), but closed the plant as early as 1859 because it was not competitive compared to the facilities of dysentery, lahn and victory. Ferdinand Maximilian von Isenburg-Wächtersbach bought the complex back in 1875 and used it as a furniture factory, partly it was also used by the Wächtersbach line as a hunting lodge. Since then, the castle building has served private residential purposes, but has been vacant since 2012. In 2017, the 64,000-square-foot site was sold and has been privately owned ever since. Kühnast Radiation Technology GmbH (Kühnast Strahlungstechnik GmbH) also moved its headquarters to the site in January 2017.

The castle is a wide, baroque administrative building with 20 window axes, mansard roof, central diaphrase and high roof rider with a multi-staggered hood. The central axis is emphasized by the gate passage, above which is placed in a cartridge of sandstone allian cardboard of the families of Haan and Rühle von Lilienstern. Earth-and first floors are made of plastered sandstone masonry, above which is buried truss. On the court side is a curved staircase.
Various outbuildings are grouped around the courtyard, including an early 18th century residence made of plastered truss with a manard roof, as well as various farm buildings from the 18th to the 20th century.
In an annex of the building complex there is a hydroelectric power plant of a fallow town company.
Near the castle stands a thousand-year-old oak tree with a chest height circumference of 7.88 m (2014). This is one of the thickest oaks in Germany. Location: 50° 19′ 9,9″ N, 9° 17′ 5,1″ O

The circular path “Water of Brachttal” leads directly past the castle. The thousand-year-old oak tree is an attraction of the circular path, as is a public Kneipp complex near the castle (location: 50° 19′ 14,1″ N, 9° 16′ 53,2″ O).

Related image

Source