Martin Nyrop (11 November 1849 – 18 May 1921) was a Danish architect.
Nyrop was born at Holmsland on Jutland, Denmark. He attended Sorø Academy and completed his course of study at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in 1876. From 1881-83, he studied abroad under a scholarship. From 1883-93, he was an assistant to professor Hans Jørgen Holm. Nyrop was awarded the Grand Prix for design at the Exposition Universelle at Paris in 1900. In 1906, he became a professor at the Academy of Fine Arts School of Architecture and served as director of the Academy of Fine Arts for periods between 1908-18.
Nyrop designed the Copenhagen City Hall (1905) in National Romantic style and the majority of the buildings for the Nordic Industrial, Agricultural and Art Exhibition in Copenhagen (1888).
Copenhagen City Hall, Copenhagen (1892–1905)
Luther Church, Østerbro, Copenhagen (1913)
Vallekilde Folk High School, (gym from 1884, northern wing from 1907)
Eliaskirken, København (1905-08)
Stenderup Frimenighedskirke (1902-03)
Landsarkivet for Sjælland, Lolland-Falster og Bornholm, Jagtvej, København (1891-92)
[building on the left, behind bus stop]
Building for the Nordic Exhibition of 1888, Copenhagen (1886–88, demolished)