Glienicke Palace (German: Schloss Glienicke) is a historic palace located on the peninsula of Berlin–Wannsee in Germany. It was designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel around 1825 for Prince Carl of Prussia.
The palace is situated near the Glienicke Bridge, on the Bundesstraße 1 across from the Glienicke Hunting Lodge. Around the palace is Park Glienicke.
It was designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel for Prince Carl of Prussia. The building, originally merely a cottage, was turned into a summer palace in the late Neoclassical style. Inside the palace were antique objets d’art which Prince Carl of Prussia brought back from his trips.
Particularly striking are two golden lion statues in front of the south frontage, which were also designed by Schinkel. The lions are versions of the “Medici lions” from the Villa Medici in Rome.
Berliner Rathaus + Rathaus Schöneberg
Rathaus Spandau (Berlin)
Berlin, Schoeneberg, Nollendorfplatz, U-Bahnhof
Charlottenburg Palace, Berlin
Jagdschloss Glienicke, Berlin
Gendarmenmarkt Square in Berlin