The estate was founded by Baron Reinhard von Iselin, a prosperous, Swiss-born landowner, who in 1774 acquired the land when the Crown sold Vordingborg Cavalry District in auction. From 1776 to 1777 he constructed a large farm complex around an octagonal courtyard with the assistance of the architect Christian Joseph Zuber.
Iselin’s daughter, Anna Elizabeth, inherited Rosenfeldt in 1781. In 1777 she had married the French-born nobleman Antoine de Bosc de la Calmette who in 1783 was appointed prefect of Møn where he owned Marienborg and founded the Liselund estate which he named after his wife.
In 1844 the estate was acquired by captain, general-major Oscar O’Neill Oxholm. He lived on the estate with his Irish wife Adelaide Maria O´Kelly. Oxholm constructed the new main building, two farm buildings and 20 fæstegårde. Designed by Henrik Steffens Sibbern, the main building was built from 1868 to 1870.
Rosenfeldt’s buildings are arranged around seven of eight sides of Zuber’s octagonal courtyard, a layout which is remniscient of that of Amalienborg in Copenhagen. Zuber’s original farm complex consists of four low pavilions and two tall stable buildings in Neoclassical style. The plan also reserved a site for the main building which was not built until 1870. Sibbern’s main building is constructed in red brick and designed in a Neo-Renaissance style. It consists of a two-story main wing with a tower flanked by two short lateral wings.
Rosenfeldt Manor today
Rosenfeldt Manor is owned by Peter Oxholm Tillisch. It covers 2,313 hectares (1998).