Burg Pyrmont

Pyrmont Castle (GermanBurg Pyrmont) stands west of Münstermaifeld near Roes and Pillig on a slate rock outcrop above a waterfall on the Elzbach in the southern Eifel mountains in Germany. It is in the municipality of Roes in the district of Cochem-Zell.

The irregular, rectangular castle was built in the typical style of the Staufer period. The 24.5-metre-high round, bergfried is of the donjon type and was the first of its kind in the entire Middle Rhine region. It has two vaults, several fireplaces and can be climbed as an observation tower. It also has a conical roof. In its shadows is a 49-metre-deep castle well (Sodbrunnen).

A 15th-century Zwinger with round towers guards the inner bailey. A deep neck ditch separates the inner bailey and Zwinger from the outer bailey, which has been rebuilt as part of the restoration.

The Zwinger was once occupied by residential and domestic buildings, of which only the large storage cellar (Fuderkeller) has survived. Under the modern administrative building is the old north gate, which was the main entrance until the castle was expanded after the 15th century.

The inner bailey, built on the rocks high above the Zwinger, consists of the formerly three-storeyed palas, the attached cookhouse and the bergfried. When the castle was remodelled in the baroque style from 1712, the palas and cookhouse were given roofs that reached to the top of the bergfried. The facades were standardised in the baroque style with the insertion of new windows. The palas and cookhouse have only been restored with two storeys and a flat roof. The remains of the third storey recall that the castle was a ruin for a long time.

The ground floor of the palas has an entrance hall, the great hall (Rittersaal) and smaller rooms; the remains of the castle chapel adjoin it. On the ground floor of the cookhouse, a kitchen has been built to the same dimensions as the historical one.

The 18th-century castle garden, which was clearly never finished, lies below the castle, supported by dry stone walls and containing a fish pond. On the south and west hillside are traces of the vineyards which were cultivated until the 18th century.


Castles in Rhineland-Palatinate

Bad Pyrmont Holy Bath

Bad Pyrmont (German: [baːt pʏʁˈmɔnt] (listen), also:[- ˈpʏʁ-]West Low GermanBad Purmunt) is a town in the district of Hamelin-Pyrmont, in Lower SaxonyGermany, with a population close to 19,000. It is located on the river Emmer, about 10 km (6.2 mi) west of the Weser. Bad Pyrmont is a popular spa resort that gained its reputation as a fashionable place for princely vacations in the 17th and 18th centuries.

The Avenue.

Read more at Wikipedia

Castles in Lower Saxony

Schloss Schaumburg

Schaumburg Castle (German: Schloss Schaumburg) is a schloss in Rhineland-PalatinateGermany, south of Balduinstein near Limburg an der Lahn.

It was owned by the former ruling family of Waldeck and Pyrmont, and it served as the retirement residence of SS General Josias, Hereditary Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont.


Josias, Hereditary Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont (GermanJosias Georg Wilhelm Adolf Erbprinz zu Waldeck und Pyrmont) (13 May 1896 – 30 November 1967) was the heir apparent to the throne of the Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont and a general in the SS. From 1946 until his death, he was the head of the Princely House of Waldeck and Pyrmont. After World War II, he was sentenced to life in prison at the Buchenwald Trial (later commuted to 20 years) for his part in the “common plan” to violate the Laws and Usages of War in connection with prisoners of war held at Buchenwald concentration camp, but was released after serving about three years in prison.

Waldeck-Pyrmont became head of the House of Waldeck and Pyrmont upon the death of his father, on 26 May 1946, while under arrest. He died at his primary estate, Schloss Schaumburg, in 1967, and was succeeded as head of the house by his only son Prince Wittekind.

Read more at Wikipedia

Josias, Hereditary Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont was a fabulously wealthy German royal who became an SS general and a close confidante of Heinrich Himmler. With command responsibility for Buchenwald Concentration Camp and involvement in other controversial actions, he was one of many German royals and nobles who joined the Nazis and paid the price at war’s end.

Mark Felton Productions

Schloss Arolsen

Schloss Waldeck

Schloss Pyrmont

Castles in Rhineland-Palatinate

Schloss Waldeck

Schloss Waldeck (or Waldeck Castle) is a castle complex built as a 12th-century castle in the town area of Waldeck in the Waldeck-Frankenberg district of Hesse (Germany).

Inner courtyard with northeast and southeast wings, tower and museum.

Cannon and gunpowder tower.

Inner courtyard with gunpowder tower.

Entrance at lower gate.

The castle well , created in the 16th century, is about 120 m deep. For hours of work, the water had to be brought up to the surface of the bucket via a wheel train. As early as 1612, a pumping station was planned as part of a water art project to transport water from Herrentränke in the valley to the castle. Today it is uncertain whether the plan was implemented.

Read more at Wikipedia

Castles in Hesse

Josias, Hereditary Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont was a fabulously wealthy German royal who became an SS general and a close confidante of Heinrich Himmler. With command responsibility for Buchenwald Concentration Camp and involvement in other controversial actions, he was one of many German royals and nobles who joined the Nazis and paid the price at war’s end.

Mark Felton Productions

Schloss Arolsen

Schloss Pyrmont

Schloss Pyrmont

Schloss Pyrmont, sometimes called Pyrmont Castle, was a schloss and the summer residence of the counts of Spiegelberg and counts of Waldeck-Pyrmont in the present-day German town of Bad Pyrmont. The current building dates to the 18th century and houses a museum. The schloss is part of Pyrmont Fortress (Festung Pyrmont) which dates to the 16th century.

Between 1526 and 1536, Count Frederick VI of Spiegelberg, overlord of the County of Pyrmont, built a fortress and schloss in valley of Pyrmont. He had experience in the construction of the fortress when he had reinforced Coppenbrügge Castle with walls and roundels. The fortress of Pyrmont was almost square in shape with a 40-metre-wide moat. The walls had casemates and a stone corner bastion, which echoes the Italian style of fortification. Access to the fortress was via a wooden bridge and later a drawbridge. Buildings were built inside the walls and, in the south-western area, the first schloss was built.

Following the completion of the castle in 1536, it was garrisoned by Count Frederick VI, who resided in neighbouring Lügde. Later the schloss became the side wing of a larger schloss, which his son, Philip, had built in 1557 in the Weser Renaissance style. According to tradition, this was a three-storey building with three wall dormers, similar to the Hämelschenburg. In addition, a tower was built for archiving documents. Philip died before the completion of the Renaissance schloss. The building was completed by the husband of his sister, Hermann Simon of Lippe. Afterwards the counts of Lippe and the counts of Gleichen resided at the schloss. In 1625, Count Hans Louis of Gleichen transferred the County of Pyrmont to the Count of Waldeck.

During the Thirty Years’ War, the succession dispute between the Bishopric of Paderborn and the Counts of Waldeck revived. For the Bishopric, troops under General Pappenheim, besieged the Pyrmont fortress in 1629, and its 400-man garrison surrendered after ten months. In 1633, Swedish troops recaptured the fortress, which was reconquered in 1636 by the Imperial Army. After being taken again by the Swedes in 1646, the fortress was handed over to the Counts of Waldeck in 1649. The schloss suffered damage as a result of the sieges. Rebuilt in haste, it served as a summer residence for the counts of Waldeck, but it was also neglected in the period that followed and began to deteriorate.

When Count Anthony Ulrich of Waldeck-Pyrmont took over the regency of Waldeck and Pyrmont in 1706, master builder, Hermann Korb, built a new schloss in the Baroque style. The new building was erected between 1706 and 1710 on the basement and other parts of the earlier residence. As early as 1721, architect, Julius Ludwig Rothweil, extended the building. A commander’s house, two cavalier houses and a magazine were built. The fortifications were overhauled. In addition, the Baroque gardens were redesigned. Further changes followed in 1765 under the direction of Franz Friedrich Rothweil. Between 1852 and 1855, several buildings were added and the schloss given its present appearance.

Commandant’s house.

Rear of the schloss.

Interior of the schloss.

During the Second World War, a hospital was established in the schloss, because Pyrmont was a hospital town. After the war, the British Red Cross remained in the castle until 1948. In 1956, the state of Lower Saxony acquired the fortress and castle from the princely family of Waldeck and Pyrmont. The first redevelopment took place from 1960 to 1962; another followed from 1978.

From 1984 to 1987, architect Karl-Heinz Lorey renovated and redesigned the schloss and fortifications for use by the then district folk high school and as a museum. The castle grounds are also used for various events.


Castles in Lower Saxony

G7 summit: Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China’s Belt and Road initiative

G7 leaders have detailed plans to mobilise $600bn in funding for the developing world in a move seen as a counter to China’s Belt and Road plan.

Additional survival tricks

About China

The Group of Seven (G7) is an inter-governmental political forum consisting of CanadaFranceGermanyItalyJapan, the United Kingdom and the United States. In addition, the European Union is a ‘non-enumerated member’. Its members are the world’s largest IMF advanced economies and wealthiest liberal democracies; the group is officially organized around shared values of pluralism and representative government. As of 2020, the collective group accounts for over 50 percent of global net wealth (which is $418 trillion), 32 to 46 percent of global gross domestic product, and approximately 770 million people or 10 percent of the world’s population. Members are great powers in global affairs and maintain mutually close political, economic, social, legal, environmental, military, religious, cultural, and diplomatic relations. From 2022, Germany has taken over the rotating presidency of the G7, following the presidency of the United Kingdom.

Read more at Wikipedia

Leopard 2 Veteran on Tank Combat in Ukraine

In this video the former Leopard 2 Gunner Tobias speaks about his perspective on the tank combat in Ukraine. We discuss both the Ukrainian and Russian Forces, their employment of armored fighting vehicles so tanks (T-72, T-64, T-80, T-90), infantry fighting vehicles (BMP) and armored personnel carriers (BTR). The use of smoke or lack thereof. Doctrine of western armed forces, doctrine of Warsaw Pact forces and various other points.

Military History not Visualized

Leopard 2 A5 der Bundeswehr.jpg

Rheinmetall Panther KF51

Leopard 2

German PzH 2000 – 155mm Self-Propelled Howitzer

German Infantry Fighting Vehicle – Puma (IFV)

Boxer (armoured fighting vehicle)

Lynx (Rheinmetall armoured fighting vehicle)

The Wiesel Tankette – Overview

ATF Dingo

Flakpanzer Gepard Self Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun


German Divisions (Bundeswehr)

I. German/Dutch Corps

Tanks of the Future


Thyssen Krupp

Army hierarchy

Bundeswehr Military History Museum

About Germany’s Success

List of automobile manufacturers of Germany

Automotive companies of Germany

Automotive industry in Germany

Made in Germany

Tank Gun vs Armor: Tank Warfare Explained

Missiles vs Tank Guns: Why Guns are better!

M1A2 Abrams SEP v3 vs T-90MS Tank comparison

The Future of Tank Combat – Decoupling!?

Drone tanks: Are they ready for war?

Unmanned Ground Vehicles | DRONE WARFARE

Russian Uran-9 unmanned combat vehicle tested in Syria

Tanks of the Future

Capturing Germany’s Holiest Room – Hitler’s Prison Cell

In late April 1945, US forces captured Landsberg, a town in Bavaria with a famous prison. Inside the prison they discovered a strange room – Cell No. 7, where Hitler had once been held in 1923-24 had been transformed into a shrine used for “Nazi” pilgrimages.

Mark Felton Productions

Who will tell the Führer?

Führer’s directives

About Hitler Quotes

Lance-Corporal Hitler – WW1 Trench Runner

How Rich Was Hitler? The Quest for the Führer’s Fortune

Swiss Historian Exposes Anti-Hitler Rauschning Memoir as Fraudulent

Hitler’s Alligator – The Last German Prisoner of War in Russia

Hitler’s Revolution

Hitler, Austria and the Anschluss

Hitler Acclaimed in the Saar Region, After Vote to Return to Germany

Hitler watching German soldiers march into Poland in September 1939

Hitler attends a Wehrmacht victory parade in Warsaw on 5 October 1939

Hitler’s Dangerous Front Visits – Austria, Czechoslovakia & Poland 1938-39

Hitler  Paris – WW2 – 1940

Hitler in Paris

About Hitlers Family

The Myth of Hitler’s “Jewish Grandfather”

Hitler’s Valkyrie: How Britain’s Unity Mitford met with the Führer 140 Times

Germany’s Hitler – by Heinz A. Heinz

A Startling New Look at Hitler and His Place in History

Did Hitler Want War?

Adolf Hitler: Speech at Heroes Remembrance Day in Berlin (16 March 1941)

The Bunker Boys – Hitler’s Child Soldiers, Berlin 1945

Hitler’s Iron Maidens – Women Awarded the Iron Cross in Combat

Obersalzberg – Hitler’s Mountaintop Headquarters Today

Generals blaming Hitler

Did Hitler delay Kursk because of Tigers & Panthers?

Shooting Hitler – The Swiss Assassin

The Day The Soviets Nearly Captured Hitler

Hitler’s Missing Globe

Blutfahne – The Mystery of the Blood Flag

Hitler’s Lost Secret Documents

The Only Secret Recording of Hitler’s Normal Voice | The Hitler-Mannerheim Recording

Hitler’s Ashes May Still Exist! Exposing a “Shocking” WW2 Secret

World’s first research linking smoking and lung cancer – conceived and paid for by Adolf Hitler.

WW2 Leaders’ Doubles

The Rarest German WWII Medal? 20th July 1944 Wound Badge

Read about WWII here